Sunday 21 September 2014

The Brambles, 15-21 September 2014

Hi, I can't believe it is Sunday again already! The garden has been as busy as ever, lots of little birds and great spotted peckers. There were three in the pieris one day this week, two females and a young one. They all seemed to be "hiding" from each other, whilst all keeping an eye on the fat block. They can't seem to get enough of it. It's been popular all year so far, with all the birds that are able to access it. They get through about three a week as well as all the other food that I put out every day!

The robins have been singing at the tops of their voices this week. It is so lovely to hear them, there is nothing quite like the sound of birdsong :) (Birdsong is not to be confused with the "song" of the magpie, jay or crow!)

All the usual birds have been around, although I've not seen any goldfinches this week.

The squirrels are still busy burying! And I guess the last thing of interest was the tiny frog I saw one morning whilst I was out feeding the birds.

I've not been out much with my camera recently, so no new photos. Hopefully some new ones soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment