Sunday 27 October 2013

Bird, wildlife and flower log, 21-27 October 2013

Yesterday I spotted Master Black having a big splash around in one of the drinkers. He was certainly making sure he was all spruced up. And that has been my only sighting of a blackbird this week.

Not many squirrels have shown their faces, a couple this week. A nuthatch popped in, otherwise it has been the usual's listed. The lawns are still covered in lots of different types of fungus, and that really is all there is to say!

As I've not been out with my camera this week, I've picked a photo I took back in the spring instead. The flowers have long gone and the berries turned black and have now gone over. I think this shrub certainly looks its best in the spring.

Mystical Black St. Johns Wort © 2013 Natasha Forder

Birds Wildlife and Insects Flowers
Great spotted woodpecker - female Grey squirrels Rose
Chaffinch, male, female Slug Coreopsis grandiflora rising
Greenfinch - male, female
Coreopsis sunray
Blue tit - adult
Gaillardia sunburst yellow
Great tit - adult
Sedum
Dunnock - adult
Begonia
Robin - adult
Aster
Magpie - adult
Gaura cherry brandy
Crow - adult

Woodpigeon - adult, juvenile

Collared dove - adult

Nuthatch

Blackbird - juvenile

No comments:

Post a Comment