Friday 28 June 2013

Bumblebees

I've been trying to do a bit of bee identification this week as well as getting some good photos, which is very difficult! I've not been able to get many reasonable photos of them but they are good enough to try and work out what type of bees they are! This is what I have come up with so far:
  • Tree bumblebee 
  • Early bumblebee 
  • Buff-tailed bumblebee 
  • Red-tailed bumblebee
  • Common carder bee
These are a couple of the better photos I took and I have identified the bee as a buff-tailed bumblebee.
The flowers are aquilegias.

Buff-tailed bumblebee © 2013 Natasha Forder

Buff-tailed bumblebee © 2013 Natasha Forder




2 comments:

  1. Great photos Natasha. I was trying to do the same yesterday, but no where as good as yours.
    Was a bit apprehensive about getting stung too.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I don't worry about them too much as they are just going about their daily work and don't pay any attention to me. It's a different story when they are trapped in the house, I want to help them out but don't want to get too close!

    ReplyDelete